Monday, May 13, 2013

Meet and Greet

Today we would like to introduce you to one of the authors that will attend the conference this year.

She signed up recently and we decided to put her on the spot and have a short meet and greet with her.

Her name is D.A. Spruzen and we would like to tell you a little about her.

Hello everyone, my name is Dorothy Spruzen Hassan, but my pen name (maiden name) is D. A. Spruzen.

I am President of the Northern Virginia Writers Club and delight in communing with my fellow writers. I attend writing conferences and workshops whenever my schedule allows, and am looking forward to the C3 Conference where I will meet writers closer to home than is the norm. There is always something to learn, always that golden nugget of information ready to drop into my lap if I remember to stop and listen.
I’m a writer of fiction and poetry and have lived in Northern Virginia since 1971, except for a two-year hiatus in the Middle East. I grew up near London, U.K., earned an MFA in Creative Writing from Queens University of Charlotte, and teach writing for Fairfax County Schools Adult and Community Education program and the McLean Community Center.  I also run private critique workshops in my home.
In another life I was Manager of Publications for a defense contractor. My undergraduate degree was in dance education and I served on the faculty of a London Theater school before coming to the U.S.A. My short stories and poems have appeared in many publications, and I am seeking representation for my novel The Blitz Business, set in WWII England.  The first two novels in my Flower Ladies Trilogy, Not One of Us and Lily Takes the Field, are available on Kindle and in other e-book formats, as well in paperback.  My first poetry chapbook, Long in the Tooth, will be published by Finishing Line Press in June 2013.
My husband and I live in McLean, Virginia with a Jack Russell terrier who doesn’t know he’s old and doesn’t know he’s small. If you want to look me up, all you have to do is click on one of the links below.
I hope to see you in Septemeber!
Not One of Us
Lily Takes the Field
Crossroads
Long in the Tooth
Posted by: Author D.A. Spruzen

3 comments:

  1. HI, D.A.! As a former member of your chapter (before I moved to MD) I know you're at the head of an active and interesting group of writers. I hope the chapter will be well represented in September so I can get to hang with lots of my old pals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D.A, you seem to be a very busy woman. It's a wonder you have time to run a critique group and write.
    I am looking forward to meeting you in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi DA,

    Well, if our names are any indication, I'm sure we will get along famously. After all, the alphabet is one of our tools, is it not?

    I used to work in N. VA. McLean and Ashburn ... and around. I know the area well. Had one account just off Dolly Madison near Tyson's II.

    The commute was murder.

    Hey!
    What a great title for a mystery!

    ;-)

    See you in September.

    DB

    ReplyDelete